The Importance of Cooling Down after Exercise Fitness
- Neng Ilha
- 2022 October 04T12:31
- Health Fitness
Exercise is beneficial, but if done correctly about Fitness. One of the proper applications is to do cool-down exercises after sport. Indeed, what are the benefits of cooling and what movements can you follow? Read on for the review’s verdict and see if you can guess the outcome.
Fitness : What is a cool-down exercise?
Cooling down are movements to stretch the body that are done after exercise. This exercise is a perfect sport, as is warm-up exercise.
Broadly speaking, this exercise is done to help prevent injury and treat pain that occurs after exercise.
When exercising, the muscles of the body will feel warm due to the movement and speed when you exercise.
Well, Fitness and the function of this cooling is to stretch the muscles so they don’t tear and hurt when they contract.
Pain that usually appears after exercising for 1 or 2 days can also decrease after this exercise is done.
If you don’t stretch after exercise, you risk sports injuries and body aches will increase.
Both can occur because during exercise the muscles work harder than usual.
Benefits of cooling down after exercise
So that you are more enthusiastic about doing this exercise after exercise, identify the various benefits that will be obtained later.
1. Helps reduce muscle fatigue
When you exercise of Fitness, lactic acid builds up in your muscles, not infrequently this lactic acid often causes muscle pain and fatigue.
By cooling down, the muscles will prepare for a decrease in body temperature to normal activities and the pain can recover faster.
2. Exercise muscle flexibility
Another benefit that you can get from cooling is to train and increase muscle flexibility .
It is important to train supple and flexible muscles if you really like or exercise regularly every day.
This also has an effect with age. The reason is, the older the age, the muscles and joints of the body also grow stiff and inflexible.
Routines such as stretching movements after exercise can reduce muscle stiffness.
3. Preventing stress body and mind of Fitness
Not only the body and its muscles are benefited, your mind can also get certain benefits from cooling.
If you stretch while breathing well after a workout, you’re bringing your body, feelings, and mind together.
When cooling down after exercise, the best Fitness for body also stretches which can reduce aches and pains in the body.
This union between mind and body is stated to be important for relaxation and relaxation relieve stress.
In addition, the nerves in your brain and throughout your body will also feel calmer if you regularly stretch every day.
Examples Fitness of post-exercise cooling down
There are many post-workout stretching exercises that you can do. Some examples of the following movements can be an option.
1. Kneeling hip flexor stretch
- Position your body on your knees on the floor. However, one leg is lifted up with the knee in line with the waist and the sole of the foot against the floor.
- In this position, you will feel a tug from the bottom of your pelvis down to your thighs.
- Hold this position for 60 to 90 seconds, then return to the kneeling position and change the leg to be lifted.
- Change the position of the legs, then do the repetition three times.
2. Piriformis stretch
- Try sitting on a foam roll. Then straighten your right leg forward and bend your left leg.
- The bent leg, which is along the sole to the knee, is crossed over the thigh of the right leg.
- Use your right hand to pull your left foot to the right, but make sure the sole of your foot doesn’t touch the ground.
- Then place your left hand behind your body as a support.
- Press the leg that is above the thigh several times, so that the hip and leg muscles stretch.
- Apply this pressure for about 30 seconds and do it slowly.
- Then repeat the post-exercise cool-down three times.
3. Overhead triceps stretch
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart and place your hands by your sides.
- Lift your right hand straight up, then place your palm on your left shoulder.
- Then lift your left hand up and pull your right elbow in and hold it for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Alternate hands and repeat two or three times.
Before doing sports of Fitness, you are also required to warm up, as well as doing stretching the muscles body after exercise.
Cooling can be done in a gentle way. Avoid by doing movements that jump or move faster.
You only need to cool down 3-5 minutes after exercising.
Don’t forget to also take deep breaths to feel the fresh sensation in the body that usually appears after exercising.
- 4 Types Of People Who Need To Use A Personal Trainer At Fitness
- 5 Important Fitness Keys In Building Muscle That Need To Be Heeded
- 5 Types Of Joint Fitness To Increase Flexibility
- 7 Types Of Warm Up You Need To Do Before Working Out Fitness
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Sports Using A Fitness Tracker A
- The Importance Of Cooling Down After Exercise Fitness
- Tips For Health And Fitness
- What Are The Useful Properties Of Seeds And Why Should You Eat Them Even For Better Health